Health benefits of Maca:
Maca is a root and roots are super high in minerals and support adrenal function. Maca is rich in vitamin B vitamins, C, and E. It provides plenty of calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, phosphorous and amino acids. Maca helps relieve menstrual tension, cramps, anxiety, depression, mood swings, hot flashes and pain. It has been shown to help improve libido, help balance hormones and give your body natural fuel. It supplies iron and helps restore red blood cells and helps with cardiovascular issues. Maca is also great for keeping the skin clear. (Source) Read more on all the amazing ways maca helps the body.
- Pulse seeds, pecans, maca and coconut flakes in food processor.
- Remove and place in a small bowl.
- Using same food processor bowl, blend banana, apple, coconut oil and dates until smooth.
- Add pulsed seeds and all remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix quickly with food processor before shaping mixture into small bars.
- Store in fridge for optimal hold of shape.