What I love most about this drink is that it is comprised almost entirely of hormone precursors and fat soluable vitamins and activators such as Vitamins A, D, E and K to help boost your immune system, balance blood sugar, support adrenal function (your stress handling abilities) and it is fuel for the brain. With this recipe I've added the amazing benefits of turmeric. Turmeric acts as an all natural anti-inflammatory, helps to detox the liver, helps reduce pain, has been shown to help with depression, is anti-inflammatory and helps to boost brain function.
You can drink this eggnog for breakfast, at meals or in between for instant natural energy, to feel satiated and to keep the mind and body balanced and calm. Did you know that good fats feed and calm the mind? And the best part is that it is oh so delicious, it's like drinking creamy custard out of a glass!
- 2 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1.5-2 tablespoons grade B maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½-2 teaspoons of turmeric spice to enhance the flavor, give your eggnog a gorgeous rich yellow color and for immune boosting, anti-inflammatory and detox properties
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, this boosts the absorption of curcumin and turmeric because natural oils found in turmeric can enhance the bioavailability of curcumin seven to eight fold!
- rum, optional
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients, except egg whites for about 30 seconds.
- Using a hand held immersion blender, beat egg whites until they form soft peaks about 20 seconds.
- Add beaten egg whites to the food processor eggnog mixture for about 5-6 pulses.
- Taste and adjust syrup and seasonings to taste.
- Chill. This really is best served very well chilled or add ice cubes.
- Sprinkle fresh cinnamon and nutmeg just before serving.