I love soup! I wanted to make a soup that was dairy-free yet, creamy, nutrient dense and healing for the gut … and this is perfect. This is also one of my healing protocols for candida and other gut micro-organism imbalances. Celery offers natural fiber and phytochemicals which make important contributions to the health of your digestive system – and we know that the gut runs the show. Your digestive system, and how well it functions, is the foundation of every aspect of human and animal health. One stalk of celery contains equal amounts of soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps with preventing constipation, facilitating nutrient digestion and absorption. Celery also contains plant-based chemicals that may lower your risk for ulcers and stomach inflammation. And using cauliflower as the base is a great way to have that creamy texture without using dairy.
- 6 cups chicken stock/broth or filtered water
- ½ head of cauliflower or 2 bags of frozen
- 5 celery stalks
- 1 bundle of scallions
- 1 red onion
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 2 pressed cloves of garlic
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all your ingredients except the turmeric, parsley and garlic to your stock pan and boil until tender.
- Then carefully transfer to your vitamix or blender.
- Add your parsley.
- Puree until smooth.
- Place soup back in to stock pot on low, stirring occasionally.
- Add turmeric, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you liked this post, it would mean so much to me if you'd share it!