There is nothing like waking up Sunday morning to the smell of fresh homemade pancakes and sausage. This is a favorite past time memory when my brother and I stayed weekends at my Grandma's house. It was a real treat for us. The good news is that you can continue to eat those traditional foods with real food ingredients when you eat to restore your health. This recipe is great for keeping your blood sugar nice and strong to help balance hormones, mood and energy for the day. This is adult and definitely kid-approved!
- 3 eggs
- 2 unripe bananas with some green color (the mushier and ripe the banana, the mushier your pancakes. They won't set up well)
- Anything else is optional. This is what I add, and it's super delicious!
- ½ cup fresh or frozen berries
- ⅓ cup nut butter (or peanut butter)
- 3 teaspoons coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- To oil the pan because you don't want pancakes that stick: 2 teaspoons coconut oil/coconut butter
- Oil your pan with coconut oil and set to med-high.
- Blend all ingredient, the food processor works very well!
- Pour your batter onto a very hot griddle.
- The key is to make them a little smaller so your can flip them well.
- When you see bubbles on the top of the pancake, it is really to flip
- Cook up all the batter.
- I add lots of grass fed butter and grade B maple syrup.
P.S. These are totally adult and kid-approved! This is my cousin Kinsley
eating devouring her paleo pancakes 😉