It was a typical Sunday, we were outside installing some new security lights, Tuck was mulling around the yard by us. One minute he was happy and fine, the next minute he came up by us and was limping. It was literally a matter of 5 minutes. No yelp, not a peep! I thought he just tripped on something or perhaps twisted his ankle. But upon watching his leg, it swelled up twice it's size in a matter of an hour. His blood pressure began to rise, now I thought possibly he was bit or stung or having an allergic reaction. So off to the vet we went. They did xrays and the vet confirmed a hairline fracture. Honestly, still to this day have no idea what he did.
When he first fractured his leg, he was very stressed and in pain. The only therapies that calmed him down almost instantly were young living's essential oils stress away and lavender. I unscrewed the caps and let him smell the oils before hand to be sure he was resonating with them (even though he always does and both have always calmed him down), then massaged them into his spine. He went from painting constantly and high bp to relaxed and calm.
Bone Healing Support Supplements Recommended
In addition to eating a nutrient dense species appropriate raw diet, this was a large part of Mr. T's bone healing protocol. He started healing very fast.
- Young Living's essential oils. For natural anti-inflammtory for bone/nerve pain, I used young living's panaway. A couple drops rubbed into my hands, then massaged into leg and paw. For stress relief, young living's stress away and lavender, worked very well.
- PS Collagen. The most abundant protein in the body and plays a key role in joint health, gut function and digestion, keeps inflammation in check and helps build and restores muscle.
- PS Coconut oil. Boosts immunity, helps control glucose levels, boosts nutrient absorption, helps increase BONE
strength, helps relieve stress.
- PS Desiccated liver. Nutrient dense source of high quality protein, helps boost mitochondrial energy & helps create an iron clad immune system. Liver is an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin A, riboflavin and copper. It is also rich in the essential nutrients folate, iron and choline.
- PS Aquatic greens. Helps to maintain a healthy liver (so important for healing and repairing), helps to clean the cells and cell components for proper functioning cell receptors and helps to prevent anemia.
- PS MCT oil. Increases mitochondrial energy levels, helps improve mental clarity, helps reduce encephalitis, promotes healthy brain function, keeps inflammation in check, promotes healthy heart function, helps maintain healthy blood sugar levels & offers a variety of antimicrobial and anti-fungal effects.
- Just Thrive, strong probiotics. They help balance the friendly bacteria in the digestive system. Probiotics include “good” bacteria. These are live microorganisms that can provide great health benefits emotionally, digestively and to help boost the immune system.
- Digestive Enzymes. To facilitate fat, protein and carbohydrate absorption and assimilation.
- HCL. Gut pH optimizing for mineral absorption.
- Vitamin C. Necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It's involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth.
- Standard Process's Ostrophin PMG, Calcifood for bone healing, Hemp Oil Complex, Boswellia, Turmeric Forte for anti-inflammatory support.
Perfect Supplements offer incredible, nutrient dense superfoods and therapeutic quality supplements, just as the Dr. Weston A. Price foundation recommends. Any supplement above that is Perfect Supplements (PS), get an additional 10% OFF: Using code “NATUROPATHMELISSA10” at checkout.
The day he fractured his leg, he could not put any weight on it at all. He's healed up to 90% now and it's been just under 3 weeks. No cast, just lots of tlc and this protocol.
Homeopathics for Bone Support
- Arnica: brings down pain and swelling that accompanies any injury or wound; try to give it as soon as possible after the injury. Remember that after Arnica is taken, the swelling can be so reduced that it might be difficult to tell from observation alone that there is a fracture.
- Hypericum: I will use this remedy for fractures to areas that are rich in nerves especially the fingers, toes, and spine. Can help when there is great pain in those areas directly around a break.
- Calcarea phosphorica: useful if, after an appropriate amount of time in the cast, an X-ray shows that the bone healing has not come as far as it should have; think of this remedy when there is slow healing to bone. Those needing it tend to be irritable, restless, and in a sour mood.
- Young Living's Copaiba essential oil is very anti-inflammatory and helps significantly with pain. I added the homeopathics above, along with Copaiba to Animal Scents ointment and massaged into his paw pad, as he started having nerve pain in his foot as the bone was healing.
I also ran microcurrent therapy on my guy. The electrical current helps injured tissue heal faster and provides pain relief from injuries.
Here is a short video of Tuck running down a sand dune just 2 weeks after the fracture. He is almost 100% healed in 3 weeks with very little medical intervention, aside from the xrays. Natural therapies DO work and work WITH your body. My hope is that our experience helps you and your family.