I work with couples often on fertility, pre and post pregnancy and am grateful to get to work with their babies after they are born. So, in this article let's talk about baby making!
Infertility may not be all the woman's responsibility
In fact, men and women are each fifty-percent responsible for making healthy babies. I always test the nutritional status and toxin burden of both partners with my BioMeridian machine.
Let's look at some statistics? A healthy couple with no complications has about a 20% average chance to get pregnant each month at ovulation. Within a year, about 85% of couples will be pregnant. About 50% of the women 35-36 years old can conceive. The cycle of an egg in preparation for ovulation is around 90 days and 70-74 days to make sperm.
Pre-planning is so important. I recommend working on nourishing and cleansing the body for both partners for 12 months prior. If you want smart, adorable babies, I recommend waiting the time it takes to reproduce them in a healthy way. You can do this with cleansing the body with herbs and nourishing the body with lots of animal fat, healthy protein, dark and colorful vegetables and eating gluten-free.
Some reasons why you might not be getting pregnant
Anatomical – an ultrasound may show fibroids, polyps, uterus anomalies
Toxicities- heavy metals, chemicals, plastics
EMF's and radiation- too much exposure to technology devices
Deficiencies- micronutrient depletion, EFA deficiencies (probably one of the top reasons I have clinically seen)
Gut ecosystem imbalance
Follicles are not healthy
Luteal phase defects – Defects in the second half of the menstrual cycle
Diabetes – blood sugar and insulin issues
Low vitamin D levels
I am able to test most of these root cause imbalances on my BioMeridian machine for clients.
Supplements to support Fertility
There are many vital supplements to help with balancing the body and fertility, I would need to test to see what the body is needing, which I can do in office and by the client sending in a hair sample, but here are some foundationals that are key players.
- Fermented cod liver oil
- High Vitamin Butter oil
- A strong probiotic
- Probiotic yeast
- Liquid Trace Minerals with Mg
- Maca root (helpful for hormone balancing, adrenal support, sperm production and testosterone production when taken at 2000 mg per day) Read more on the benefits of Maca.
- Vitamin C Complex (~2000mg daily)
Eating for Fertility
Hands down, when eating for fertility you want to focus on good quality fats. Fats are hormone precursors and help support the reproductive glands and prepare them for fertility. In addition to fats, high quality proteins and nutrient dense foods are vital.
- Liver (grass fed)– liver is a nutrient dense super food loaded with fat activators such a Vitamins A, D and K2. It supports reproductive health and is loaded with B12, zinc and folate.
- Egg yolks- also loaded with micronutrients, especially choline which is a vital nutrient for pregnany.
- Fish eggs- Blackfoot Nation women reinforced pre-conception diet with fish eggs and organ meats for their fat soluable vitamins and Omega 3. (Deep Nutrition Why Your Genes Need Traditional Foods)
- Seafood– (Fatty cold water fish) Your nutrient dense source for EPA and DHA.
- Fermented foods such as kefir, kombucha, kimchi, lacto-fermented carrots, and beet kvaas.
- Fermented Cod Liver oil– Cod liver oil is sacred in fertility and are also your nutrient dense source for fat activators A, D and K2.
- Bone broth– Bone broth is so helpful in assisting with fertility. Bone broth is rocket fuel for the immune system, bones, joints and tissues. It also heals and seals the gut to aid in better absorption of micronutrients needed by the cells, tissues and hormonal glands, which are very important in fertility.
- Grass fed dairy- Rich in saturated fat and fat activators A, D and K2. And raw dairy contains probiotics needed to balance gut flora and bacteria. (Assuming you can digest dairy properly)
- Go grain and gluten free. Much of the research shows gluten stresses the body and can create autoimmune and gut issues, which always affect the rest of the body. If you are not able to conceive I always recommend cutting out gluten.
Other points- Many times kidney energy or Qi may be imbalanced and linked to infertility. I always check kidney function when helping clients with infertility, many times tonifying the kidneys brings about results.
Are you trying to get pregnant and are having a difficult time conceiving? What natural health techniques have you used? Feel free to contact me for more one-on-one long distance or local help.