One important note before we start: Please keep in mind that this article is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, or to diagnosis, treat or cure any illness of any kind – a full disclaimer can be found here. Okay, let’s jump in!
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a disease in which the body’s immune system attacks the protective covering surrounding the nerves of the central nervous system
“The immune system ATTACKS the nerves and CNS”. As an investigator I ask, but …
Why is the body attacking its OWN nerves and its OWN CNS?
“The human body does not attack itself, pathogens are to blame” quoted from Anthony Williams of the Medical Medium pg. 65
“Medical communities believe that there is no resolution for MS. They’re mistaken, the truth is that MS can be healed – and that it is actually a form of the Epstein Barr virus.” quoted from Anthony Williams of the Medical Medium pg. 65
Symptoms of MS
The symptoms of MS are diverse and unpredictable, depending on which part of the central nervous system is affected, to what extent and what the underlying cause is. The relapsing-remitting form of MS is the most common form. The person experiences attacks in which the symptoms are severe for a short time and then improve, often with an almost complete recovery.The progressive form of MS is characterized by a steady worsening of symptoms without any relapses.Other characteristics include:
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction
- Complications with balance and coordination
- Chronic pain especially in the muscles throughout the body
- Fatigue, muscle weakness and spasms
- Mood swings and depression
- Memory issues
- Mental fogginess
- Tingling, dizziness and numbness
- Sexual dysfunction
- Slurred speech
- Vision problems – blurred vision
- Weakness or paralysis in the legs
No two people have exactly the same symptoms of MS as each underlying cause may and usually is different.
Underlying Causes to Dis-ease and Imbalance
As a Naturopath, performing screenings, these are what I find as the primary root causes:
- Polarity Issues
- EMF’s and Radiation (Big culprit in MS, Parkinsons, etc..)
- Heavy Metals
- Chemical poisoning
- Viruses (EBV, Lyme and co-infections) Cytomegalo virus
- Dental Nosodes
- Hidden Infections
- Industrial Pollutants
Underlying Causes of Imbalance in the Body Specific to Issues such as MS
As a Naturopath, performing screenings, these are what I find as the primary root causes of imbalance in the body:
- Center of brain is stressed or weak
- What pathogen(s) is attached to the nerves and CNS?
- EBV and co-factors
- Streptococcus A and B
- H Pylori
- Myelin sheath deteriorating or missing
- EMF’s and Radiation (Big culprit in MS, Parkinsons, etc..) * See my EMF article and free 10 steps guide
- Heavy Metals
- Food/Phenolic Sensitivity (Malvin found in avocado, beet, cabbage, carrot, eggplant, green pea, corn, olive (green and black), onion, potato, radish, tomato, turnip. Nuts: cashew, walnut.
- Low sulphur and/or selenium (Superfood for free radicals)
- Not Digesting Fats (need inositol, lipase, choline betafood)
Let Food Be Thy Medicine!
Nutrition: paleolithic nutrition avoids eating foods that only became part of the human diet after the agricultural revolution 10,000 years ago, which coincides with the advent of the “diseases of civilization” (such as cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and mental illness). These diseases have root causes in common; including gut irritation, high baseline inflammation and insulin sensitivity problems. Paleo eradicates these! Read more here on baby steps to a wellness lifestyle.
Listening to your body: really dialing in on what you do in relationship to how it makes you feel.
Stress management: How do you help your body adapt to stressors? Meditation, walks, massage, spending time with animals, volunteering, laughter, exercise, good food-good mood, good people, good thoughts?
Good quality sleep: giving yourself enough time to sleep to repair.
The Paleo Lifestyle
Eat to maintain proper digestive function.
“The gut runs the show”. 80% of the immune system is within the gut. Your gut flora regulates your thoughts, beliefs, mood and mental state of mind.
Ex. Fermented foods and drinks
Eat to maintain proper blood sugar regulation.
Helps to balance your adrenals – your stress handling glands.
Balance blood sugar throughout the day while comfortably eating roughly every 2-3 hours.
How can a Paleo lifestyle improve health?
By focusing on the most nutrient-dense foods available, and by eliminating foods that can contribute to hormone dysregulation, inflammation, and gut dysbiosis – where the bacteria in your gut are the wrong kind, wrong diversity, wrong numbers, and/or are in the wrong part of the gastrointestinal tract – a Paleo lifestyle can improve a vast array of health conditions. It’s also great for weight normalization, meaning that overweight people tend to lose weight but underweight people tend to gain weight.
Paleo has been proven to reduce base line inflammation in the cells, NERVES, glands and tissues.
What to Eat:
- All grass fed meats, especially grassfed red meat
- Good quality fats
- All seafood
- Pastured eggs
- Vegetables of all kinds
- Fruits (in moderation)
- Nuts and seeds
- Eliminate all grains, this is critical for any autoimmune condition
- Eliminate all forms of sugar
- Eliminate pop, caffeine and alcohol
Clinical trials show that a Paleo lifestyle:
- helps repair the nervous system
- lowers cardiovascular disease risk factors
- reduces inflammation
- improves glucose tolerance
- helps improve the gut microbiome
- helps improve the gut-brain connection
- helps balance brain chemistry
- helps with weight loss
- significantly helps heal autoimmune disease
Boost the Immune System to Heal with Nutrient Dense Supplements
- Sphingolin; helps repair myelin sheath, myelin basic protein.
- Strong probiotics. Help clear pathogenic viral and bacterial infections and boosts the immune system.
- Omega 3 in the form of Fermented Cod Liver Oil and High Vitamin Oil. These are two of the best anti-inflammatories on the planet.
- EBV, Virus, Mono Nosodes in homeopathic version
- Bioavailable Magnesium. Mg performs over 300 critical functions in the body including rebuilding and repairing the glands and nerve function, read more here.
- Sulphur/Selenium: Strong anti-oxidant.
- SOD: Super Oxide Dismutase; Strong anti-oxidant.
- L-Glutamine; Amino Acid that helps removes toxin from the brain.
- Alpha lipoic Acid; helps repair damaged neurons and neurotransmitters and mend the myelin sheath.
- Curcumin; Reduces inflammation of the CNS and helps with pain.
- Barley grass juice extract powder; Micronutrients that feed the CNS, feeds brain tissue, neurons and myelin nerve sheath.
We Can Do Much Better Than Just Symptom Control and Dis-ease Management
- Test. Work with a bioenergetic practitioner to identify underlying root causes. It will be different for every person. Similar to your fingerprint. Don’t wing it!
- Clear. When you send energetic signals of your stressors it gently prompts your body to elicit an appropriate immune response. It re-educates your immune system.
- Lifestyle. If you have MS or some other dis-ease, it’s time to “come all guns blazing!”. Get your lifestyle on-point; nutrition, self-talk, healthy relationships, no chemicals, etc…
- Homeoprophylaxis to help re-educate the immune system.
In homeopathy, the phrase “like to cure like” is often used.
Any substance which can produce symptoms in a healthy person can also correct them in a person who is imbalanced or sick.
Homeoprophylaxis has been around for over 200 years, and it’s really about the use of what we call “nosodes” in homeopathy. And they’re made from disease products, or animal, mineral, pathogen or vegetable products as the source, and then they’re diluted and potentized so there’s no original molecules left in the substance.
What we now have is an energetic frequency of that substance. And when that’s introduced into the human system, it (re)educates the immune system so that the body can recognize the stressor and build an appropriate immune response.
The Bottom Line
Always look at the quality of nutrients you are putting in your body as these are the materials that rebuild you, including your nerves, mylein sheath and CNS. Work with a highly skilled functional nutrition practitioner to look at the underlying root cause(s) as everyone’s will be different and unique. You will never go wrong feeding the body what it is made of; micronutrients and macronutrients and detoxing toxins. Here are just a few of my success stories.
Again, just to mention that this article is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, or to diagnosis, treat or cure any illness of any kind – a full disclaimer can be found here