This amazing recipe is an adaptation of Balanced Bites Meatballs with Tangy Cilantro-Chive Sauce recipe from Dianes ebook Simplifying SIBO, The Latest Scoop on Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth.
This recipe is FODMAP friendly (nourishing for the gut) and totally delicious!
- 2 pounds beef, lamb, bison or turkey
- ⅓ cup chives, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped (mix of white and green portion)
- 1 cup basil
- ½ cup melted butter or ghee
- zest from 1 whole lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine meat, green onions, ginger, cardomom, cumin, salt and lemon zest in a bowl and mix well with your hands. Combine into little meatballs about 1.5 in in diameter each. Bake about 18-20 minutes.
- While the meatball bake you can prepare the sauce;
- Combine the chives, basil, melted butter, and lemon juice in the food processor for about 1 minute.
- Heat the sauce up and pour over meatballs.
- Paired with cauliflower mashed potatoes
- Paired with cauliflower rice
- Zucchini noodles, tool to make noodles out of vegetables and fruit.