Gelatin is so important in rebuilding and repairing the body, especially the bones, tissues, hair, nails and skin. Bone broth may not always be available, so gelatin is an easy way to get the full spectrum of building amino acids in and homemade all natural whole food chewy vitamins are a perfect way for adults and children to get a burst of nutrient that taste spectacular.
For homemade vitamins, there really is an endless combination you can use. This is what I use in mine, each item is optional as the gelatin and a natural sweetener (juice) is really all you need.
- 1 cup water divided
- 8 Tablespoons (1/2 cup) gelatin powder (be sure to use GELATIN, not collagen)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed juice. I used a mix of lemon, orange and pomegranate herbal tea. Pineapple will not work.
- The rest below are optional and you can mix and match what works for you.
- 4 teaspoons Vitamin C powder. (optional) Approximately 1 in 3 people are deficient in vitamin C and a recent study found that 34% of men and 27% of women are deficient in vitamin C. Not to mention that almost every Vitamin C supplement is made from GMO corn. GMO crops have been linked to cancer.
- 1/3-1/2 cup Kombucha. (optional)
- 4 teaspoons powdered Natural Calm with Calcium and Magnesium (optional)
- 2 opened caps Probiotics. (optional)
- 2 bags herbal/medicinal tea steeped in hot water ~1/3 cup (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil (optional)
- 1-2 Tablespoons melted raw honey (optional). Raw honey has been shown to be anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral. It has been used medicinally for thousands of year.
- 1 teaspoon fermented cod liver oil (optional)
- This recipe yields about 48 gummies.
Molds for shapes
- Note: Be sure to have all ingredients ready and set before beginning as you’ll need to work quickly once you start.
- Squeeze fruit for juice. Set aside.
- Steep your herbal tea. Set aside
- Boil ½ cup water.
- Note: these steps need to be followed in this precise order for the recipe to turn out.
- Place ½ cup room temp/cool water in a medium sized bowl.
- Add ½ cup gelatin powder to room temp/cool water and stir quickly to create a paste.
- Quickly add the ½ cup boiling water and stir again briskly.
- This should form a stir-able liquid.
- Add your juice, tea and your supplements and mix well.
- Note: Have your mold(s) setting on a plate, baking sheet or other hard surface first and have your freezer shelf cleared and ready to set your mold on. Very quickly pour the mixture in to molds and then carefully move to fridge to allow to cool for 2-3 hours or freezer for about 1.5 hours.
- Pop out of molds and enjoy!
- Store in fridge in an airtight container for 10-14 days.