I love making all my food and snacks from scratch and that includes food and snacks for my German Shepherd, Tucker James. He loves these! Let's just say I can pretty much train him to do anything with these!
- 1-3 grass fed livers (beef, chicken, goat, bison, lamb etc..)
Two great grass fed sources: here and here.
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Other spices for more flavor. For example: cumin, oregano, basil, pepper, etc…
- I boiled the liver for about 10 minutes
- Let it cool, then cut it into small pieces
- Coated a baking sheet with coconut oil
- Put my spices into a bowl and rolled the par-boiled pieces around to coat evenly
- I then baked them in the oven at 200 degrees for 1 hour, flipping them midway
- I turned up the oven to 350 and baked for about 15 additional minutes to dry out a little more. This step is optional.
- Let cool and serve to your four legged friend!
- Store them in a mason jar or other container in the fridge
- You can freeze them also
Do you make homemade food or treats for your four legged children? What do you make?