Mastering The Foundational Basics.
Go back to the basics. Why? Because you can’t build health on a shaky weak foundation. How can you heal from mold, MCAS, CV, adrenal fatigue, Lyme or parasites if you never get into parasympathetic mode? How can you drain and detox if you are dehydrated and constipated? Master and stay consistent with the foundationals.
Let's talk foundationals to implement before leveraging ANY drainage or detox protocol.
* I talk about these often & have highlights on most
– Sunshine daily, especially in am
– AM parasympathetic supporting self-care
– Daily movement/lymph support & stretching
– Proper hydration (cellular level too)
– Breath work
– Gratitude/mindset & positive affirmations
– Clean air
– Clean water
– Clean nutrient dense diet (healthy fats & proteins, organs (capsules are fine)
– Eliminate/cut back alcohol, sugar, carby/starchy foods, high oxalate foods, seed oils, etc..
– Stress reduction & rest
– Prioritize sleep
– Sweat daily
– Keep blood sugar stabilized (helps avoid mast cell degranulation)
– Dial in to your nervous system. Focus on down regulating the sympathetic (fight/flight) & enhance/upregulate parasympathetic (rest, digest, HEAL & calm)
– Foundation nutrients in place: Strong stomach acid (consider betaine HCL or Digest Forte), Magnesium (rotating forms), cellular hydrating minerals (CT-Minerals &/or Quinton), Vit C, Organ meats (caps are fine), zinc, etc..
Bonuses, these don't need to be in place before leveraging drainage/other protocol, however, some other valuable considerations:
– Grounding daily (can touch a tree with bare hand)
– Reduce EMF exposure
– skin brush daily (your skin is a drainage pathway)
– Open windows everyday for 10 min for fresh air
– Reassess your schedule, consider taking tasks/obligations OFF your plate, avoid RUSHING
– Assess & prep sleep space; avoid electronics, blue light, EMF, etc
– Consider minimizing (organizing, throw out, give away what doesn't serve you any longer)
– Assess clutter (minds, papers, home, closets, clothing, computer, phone, etc)
– What are you listening to (narratives, toxic relationships, news, etc…)
– Clean up & optimize what goes into your ears (valuable podcasts, fav high vibrational music, scripture, motivational talks, fav songs, etc..)
– Reduce/eliminate chemicals (cookware, cleaners, make-up, soap, laundry, self-care, etc)
– Reduce/eliminate toxins such as mold. Always keep your radar up & check home
– Re-establish gut microbiome w/ enzymes & probiotics
– Rinse the body top to bottom (nasal rinses & *enemas (*consult your practitioner))
Let's dive further into a few …
Plan to avoid dairy (except grass-fed butter), grains and sugar and focus on healthy fats, healthy oils and proteins and low oxalate vegetables to optimize the endocrine system, nervous system and immunity.
Intentional movement and strength training are crucial. Walking is good, but definitely is not enough (depending on your physical abilities). For example: deep stretching daily, jump rope daily, yoga, vibration plate, rebounding daily, lifting weights daily, etc..
Sunshine on skin directly daily (morning sunshine is best), at least 10 minutes per day. Don't burn or overdo it. If you choose to wear sunscreen, I recommend you use young living's – it's safe and clean.
Being mindful of taking deep diaphragmic breaths throughout the day, helps to increase circulation everywhere, especially the brain. Great therapy for brain fog and memory concerns. Deep breathing helps clear toxins from the lungs.
This is one of the most important aspects to optimal health and opening and keeping your drainage pathways clear. Many of us have struggled with constipation (going less than 1-2x per day and many times for years and decades which means biofilm and ropeworm accumulation sitting and tightly and growing along the colon walls) and due to accumulation, especially over years, will have compacted fecal matter on the colon walls, which creates a prime breeding ground for pathogens and parasites. Getting the colon unblocked and clear will be essential; whether by implementing coffee or water enemas, taking an herbal bowel mover, drinking an herbal tea, vibration/movement, or a combination.
Start swapping out chemicals ladened items such as dryer sheets, air fresheners, chemical toothpastes, shampoo, deodorant, candles, make-up, lotions, cleaners, cologne/perfume, plug-ins, etc.. For pure essential oils. Not only are they powerful, but they are safe and health optimizing. I only use and recommend young living oils. These oils are adaptogenic. They work to counteract the effects of stress in the body. Stress causes very real physical changes in the body, including harming the neurological, endocrine, and immune systems. Adaptogens have stimulant properties that help counteract those harmful effects. It also means they work differently and uniquely for each person/pet. They adapt to your own bio-individuality. YL's oils are also fat soluble, meaning they get through the skin and lipid (fat) bi-layer and straight into your blood stream and systemically to help you balance and heal. YL's eo's also cross the blood brain barrier. This means they get through the vessels to make monumental changes in your glands, cells and tissues. They are safe and effective for children, teens, adults and pets using common sense and following a few guidelines. I can help get you deep discounting.
If the body is not hydrated on a cellular level, you're not going to be able to heal and the cells, glands and tissues will not be able to function optimally. And I'm not talking about drinking more water. Number one, I don't recommend drinking tap water, ever, nor well water, unless you have a top quality RO system, a Britta filter will not be sufficient. I recommend Carbon Technology CT-Minerals for deep cellular hydration in distilled or RO water.
These should be implemented BEFORE and while leveraging any drainage protocol or any regiment.
Our drainage pathways have an order in which they move waste out of the body – just like a funnel. If one of the pathways is blocked or congested, every pathway above it will not be able to drain properly → This is why we look at drainage from the BOTTOM-UP.
What are the key players in the drainage funnel?
》Organs and tissues
》Liver and bile ducts → Including the kidneys, skin & lungs
Important note, always start at the bottom of the funnel.
The colon is first to work on, then work up the funnel.
The liver and bile ducts
Organs and tissues: glymphatics
Cells and mitochondria
Remember that your body is a sophisticated filtration system and there are alot of places that toxins can get stuck and cause you harm.
If your colon is backed up, everything upstream from it can become backed up as well. This is a must before doing any kind of detox.
Make sure you are hydrated, eating vegetables for fiber, chewing your food well and sitting down when you eat so that your body can better digest your food.
Liver and Bile Ducts:
Your liver processes toxins and releases them into your bile or blood.
Toxins moved into your blood are filtered through your kidneys and eliminated in your urine.
Think of your bile as a river of toxins, that river needs to be flowing, moving the toxins along and out of the body.
The bile must be flowing and the bile ducts open.
Reasons bile ducts can become inflamed, damaged, narrowed or blocked:
Virus infections, parasites and bacteria can invade your bile ducts and lead to inflammation and blockage.
Toxins like Glyphosate and other chemicals can reduce bile production and flow. Drugs like antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, and antidepressants — can disrupt bile flow.
Excess estrogen: such as from birth control pills and hormone replacement therapy, artificial fragrances, conventional cleaning products and self-care products and conventional meats — may increase your risk of gallstones. And those can lead to bile duct blockages.
Make sure you are including healthy fats in your diet which help make bile and keep it moving.
Your lymphatic system is like the highway system for the trash trucks that carry waste from your tissues and deliver them to be processed by the kidneys and liver and dumped out of your system through sweating, peeing and pooping.
Your lymph nodes filter out things like viruses, bacteria, radioactive elements, chemicals, metals and other toxins, collect the fluid and return it to your blood for further processing.
Poor lymphatic movement results in toxicity and tissue swelling. Sluggish lymph is linked to increased cellulite if the lymph gets stuck in the fat tissue.
Ways to improve lymphatic flow:
- Deep stretching
- Deep breathing
- Guasha w/ drops of Panaway & Frank oils
- Dry skin brushing
- Morning sun directly on skin
- Chromotherapy (red and all 12 lights)
- Epsom salt essential oil baths
- Coffee enemas w/ inner defense
- Infrared sauna can help “warm up” your lymphatic fluid (my fav portable Red light sauna, use code Melissa for an extra 10% off)
- Workout/lifting heavy things/jogging/jump rope/skating
- Binders (active & systemic, not spent) (my favorite active binders + patient direct code to order)
- Fascia blasting
- Vibration Plate
- Grounding (My fav grounding bed mat + bonus materials with this link)
- Cellular hydration
- Hot shower/pumice stone (feet)
- Food grade H2O2 for cellular oxygenation
- Castor oil packs (My fav organic cold-pressed castor oil pack bundle + code Melissa for an extra 10% off)
- Essential oil liver blend over liver point (My fav organic seed to seal essential oils, kits are 60% off)
- Ozone (My fav affordable ozone bubbler machine, use code Melissa for an extra 10% off)
- Red light (My fav flexible red light panel, use code Melissa for an extra 10% off)
- Herbs like burdock root and astragulus (My fav herbs for supportive lymphatic flow + patient direct code)
All My Favorite Naturopathic Therapies in One Place, with discount codes, click here.
Organs and Tissues:
The organ of focus here is your brain. It has its own lymph-type system called the glymphatic system which clears cellular wastes and fluids.
The glymphatic system helps prevent a build-up of amyloid-beta proteins which is associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
This activity of brain cleansing mostly happens while you are sleeping. During the day, your brain is busy processing information, so garbage collection is a low priority. But at night, your brain detox system comes alive and that is why it is so critical to make sleep a priority.
Your cells are at the very top of the drainage funnel. It’s important that everything below is working so that waste and toxins don’t accumulate in your cells. If they do, it can cause mitochondrial dysfunction.
You need good mitochondrial function to supply energy for drainage and detox. The cells in your liver, your kidney, your brain and your colon all need good mitochondrial function to power the drainage process.
You have to lay the right groundwork to start detoxing and healing at the cellular level.
When you have constipation, a clogged liver, a sluggish lymph or glymph or compromised mitochondria, you can’t detox well.
Potential symptoms of drainage dysfunction:
Constipation, feel full while eating and after meals, diminished appetite, feel like bowels do not completely evacuate, general or chronic fatigue, mood problems, anxiety, depression, or bipolar disorder, poor brain processing power and poor cognition, chronic inflammation, waking up between 1-4 am, edema or swelling, skin problems like rashes, itches, hives, eczema, or acne, yellowish skin, suppressed immune system, can’t clear infections despite pathogen protocols, soreness or swollen breast tissue, heart palpitations or irregular heartbeat, light/sound/EMF sensitivities, morning stiffness, brain fog, swollen glands, cellulite or flabby skin, varicose or spider veins, kidney problems, breathing or lung issues, skin doesn’t sweat, and retain extra fluids.
If any of those resonate with you, you, my friend may have a cloggy drain.
Making sure your bowels move at least 2-3xday so pathogens do not accumulate and to keep the liver, kidney, and lymph pathways open. Ultrasonic deep teeth cleaning every 6 months from your dentist. Sweat daily to keep toxins and pathogens from accumulating. Dry skin brush, seed to seal organic essential oils and rebounding daily. These are good starting points.
Big Gun – root cause stressors to be assessing and correcting with your practitioner:
-Mold, fungus, mycotoxins
-Lyme (all the lyme co-infections & pathogens)
-Germ warfare toxins
-Dental (hidden infections)
-ATP energy pathways breakdown
If you are my client, we will be frequency testing all of the above at each appointment and working through your drainage funnel and pathways.
Plan to incorporate these concepts, as we will be discussing these and implementing them at each appointment.
Do not be surprised by anything; test results, your order of priorities, how your body is responding/changing, what needs to be done to peel back your layers. We will address these based on your your layers are presenting, but please do not be surprised.
All results, no matter what presents – the results are good and are helpful – because it's information. Please see the value in digging at your rooted pathogenic material and working on corrections. This work is not for the faint of heart. This is for those who are ready to take a deep introspective look and work on correction.
Excellent detox forum:
- Liver and gallbladder flush fb forum. This forum is invaluable, you can learn from others trials and mistakes and use some of their testimonial to help you heal. Read, read and read.
Excellent food forum:
- Trying low oxalates fb group and forum. This forum is invaluable, you can learn from others trials and mistakes and use some of their testimonial to help you heal. Read, read and read.
Herings' Law of Healings
Did you know that the body will present root cause issues and heal in a certain order aka ‘in layers'? It's called Herings Law. This is what I find every day in my office when I bioscan test and help heal deep seated issues with my clients.
Issues present and heal …
> from the top to the bottom
> inside to outside
> most urgent to least
> and present to past
Hering's Law of Healing:
- Symptoms of a chronic disease disappear in definite order, going in reverse and taking about one month for every year the
symptoms have been present.
- Symptoms move from the more vital organs to the less vital organs; from the interior of the body towards the skin.
- Symptoms move from the top of the body downward.
Hering's Law is the basis of all healing and is the basis of how homeopathy handles layers in the body. This is the way the body heals itself.
“All healing starts from within out, from the head down and in reverse order as the symptoms have appeared or been suppressed”.
“We don't catch diseases, we create them by breaking down the natural defenses according to the way we eat, drink, think and live”. Hering's Law is a very important law to understand and remember. It is imperative to follow this law in order to allow the body to eliminate toxins created daily.
The definition of Hering's Law of Cure is as follows:
“We heal from the head down”. This means that before we can even begin to heal we must believe we can heal. We must be mentally prepared and strong in order to allow the body to heal. We must not doubt the body's ability to heal itself.
“We heal from within out”. This means we must allow the body to cleanse. In order for the body to eliminate toxins it must be allowed to do so by not suppressing any kind of discharge.
“We heal in reverse order as the symptoms have appeared or been suppressed”. This means that most of the time the last problem someone has is the first problem to be dealt with by the body in the reversal process. For instance, let's say the last illness you had was a sinus infection and a suppressive medication was used to stop any sneezing, coughing, dripping nose or sinus drainage.
In order for the body to heal itself it must eliminate these toxins and mucous that were suppressed at this time. Since this was the last illness it is the easiest for the body to heal.
The body may stimulate the Immune System to create a fever to burn out the toxins, the toxins may be eliminated through the lungs or bronchioles causing a large amount of phlegm to exit these areas, it might eliminate them through the skin causing breakouts or it could eliminate them through the colon in which case mucous, old feces and food that hasn't been eaten for quite a while may be eliminated. These are just a few ways the body heals itself.
Note: Any and all information is not meant to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or illness. This is for informational purposes only.