Let's talk allergies! Did you know allergies are correctable?! This is so important to know especially for those who think they need dangerous conventional allergy testing and toxic allergy shots and drugs – which never address the root issues – those only drive allergies deeper.
In my office, I test the function of antigens, b-cells, mast cells – histamine reactions, as well as memory cells and your macrophage function which are large white blood cells that are an integral part of our immune system. Their job is to locate microscopic foreign bodies and ‘eat' them.
Food allergies and sensitivities are definitely on the rise, from what I am seeing clinically. I believe this is due to use and over use of antibiotics which alter the delicate gut ecosystem, perhaps from adjuvants in vaccines injected into the muscle, such as peanut oil (linked to peanut allergies) and definitely altered food proteins from genetically modified foods (GMO's). It is estimated that 80% of corn and soy and their derivatives are genetically modified and canola and sugar beets may be as high as 90% are genetically modified, most of which are found in prepacked, boxed and canned foods on the SAD diet. GMO's are strongly linked to autoimmune issues, digestive issues, allergies and cancer.
Food allergies and sensitivity symptoms can illicit an immediate reaction, but many times can have a delayed response in the body. They can vary from rapid pulse, sinus drainage, foggy thinking, itchy hands, feet and tongue, bloating, gas, diarrhea, to asthma and shock. Over the generations we have developed ‘immune system tolerance', which means we are still reacting, but perhaps in other more subtle ways. These reactions are still very stressful on our immune system, due to the fact that when you eat these foods, your body's immune system acts in a fight or flight response.
Have you had allergy testing done and your blood work has come back ‘normal', but you don't feel normal? While food sensitivity accuracy and testing safety can be challenging by conventional means such as skin testing and blood tests, newer innovative assessments can make detection more safe and accurate. Computerized ElectroDermal Screening (CEDS) and Electroacupuncture according to Voll (EAV) have evolved over the past 60 years to examine food sensitivities by measuring body reactions, (completely non-invasive) during a food challenge. It is a form of “biofeedback” although it is looking for a negative body response when a food challenge is performed. This is how I test the body's organ function and food allergies…
First, organ system testing is done at each appointment telling us the health (stressed,weakened or balanced) of each organ and gland, which is always going to indicate any imbalances in the entire body,-whether it surfaces as allergies, colds/flu, hormone imbalance, pain, digestive issues, autoimmune problems, etc…. Computerized results printed out and given to clients at each appointment.
Secondly, I quickly and easily test my clients for food allergies and sensitivities using my biomeridian machines probe by touching the meridian on the finger, typically the large intestine point (on the finger). The machine acts as a biofeedback and tells us if the energy in the body weakens, stresses or balances the body. No needles or injecting the actual potential offending food such as corn, dairy, soy, wheat, rice, tomatoes, sugar, etc…
I work with clients on learning what real foods are, how to locate grass fed local nutrient dense foods and how to prepare them. I also offer shopping lists, meal plans and 1:1 guidance throughout the whole journey.
Food Allergy and Sensitivities First Step Suggestions
Foods to Emphasize To Help Correct Allergies:
- Fermented foods and drinks. (Kefir, kombucha, kimchi, beet kvaas, lacto-fermented pickles and carrots, fermented condiments and sauerkraut, etc…) Fermented foods and drinks are the easiest, most effective and most economical way to help restore your gut health. The natural beneficial yeast and bacteria repopulate your digestive tract and the good actually eat up the pathogenic microbes and help with allergies.
- Bone broth. GAPS says that “Homemade meat stocks, soups, stews and natural fat are not optional— they should be your patient’s staples.” (p. 144)” (Source) Bone broth is excellent for “healing and sealing” your gut, to use Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride's term. Dr. McBride's GAPS Nutritional Protocol, described in her book, Gut and Psychology Syndrome (GAPS), centers around the concept of healing and sealing your gut through your diet.
Broth or “stock” plays an important role as it’s easily digestible, helps heal the lining of your gut, and contains valuable nutrients. Abnormalities in your immune system are a common outcome of GAPS, and such immune abnormalities can then allow for the development of virtually any degenerative disease. (Source) Here is my tutorial on how to make bone broth.
- Gelatin. Gelatin just like bone broth is beneficial is healing and soothing an inflamed digestive tract. It naturally binds to water and helps food move through the digestive tract efficiently. Best sourced gelatin.
- Fats. GAPS says that “Homemade meat stocks, soups, stews and natural fat are not optional— they should be your patient’s staples.” (p. 144) (Source) Eating 1 lb per week salmon or sardines for fresh omega-3 fats will be beneficial to heal the gut. (Source) Such as coconut oil, coconut milk, salmon, egg yolks, avocados, lard, tallow, bone broth, etc..
- Proteins. As long as tolerated good sourced proteins will help build the body especially if any blood loss occurred from bleeding ulcers. Good sources include pastured chicken, lamb, turkey, wild caught fish, grass-fed bison and beef and game meat. If you can't find local grass fed sources, these are two I highly recommend: this one and this one.
- Sea Salt/Himalayan Salt. Getting real salt into your diet and into your body daily is essential for optimal health. Sea salt contains over 70 macro and micro minerals that your body needs to function properly. The minerals will assist in helping your gut heal to help correct allergies.
- Raw egg yolks. Added to bone broth and also eaten as soft boiled eggs.
- Green leafy and brightly colored vegetables. Steaming vegetables is always a great idea when you are healing your gut, this helps to predigest the vegetables and also helps eliminate goitergens from certain plants that block iodine uptake.
- Good oils. Coconut oil, ghee, olive oil and fermented fish oil (supplement).
Supplements To Emphasize to Help Correct Allergies:
- Strong Probiotics. Any beneficial bacteria whether food or a supplement form helps diminish pathological molds, yeasts, fungi, and parasites of all types which can permeated the gut and significantly boosts beneficial bacteria. Good bacteria help stimulate the formation of lactoferrin, the iron-binding protein found in neutrophils which exerts anti-microbial activity by withholding iron from any harmful microorganisms that the patient ingests. (Source). Strong Probiotics click here.
- Fermented Cod Liver Oil .Omega 3's and fatty acids are anti-inflammatory and help to heal the gut lining. What I use and recommend to clients.
- Digestive Enzymes. Chances are your body is deficient in digestive enzymes needed to keep your gut healthy and to assimilate nutrients. Digestive Enzyme click here.
- HCL with Pepsin. Your stomach IS an acid organ, most folks have an alkaline stomach, which is one of the root causes to poor health and poor assimilation of nutrients. An acid stomach also protects your bones and helps you fight parasites, pathogenic yeast, viruses and bacteria, which can be at the core to allergies.
- Chlorophyll pearls. Chlorophyll is known as an internal healer. This helps cleanse the body and colon internally.
- Anti-fungals. This is one of my secret weapons for healing deep in the gut. Balancing the pathogenic yeast is just as important as balancing the bacteria. Click here for a great anti-fungal.
- Coconut oil and coconut milk. Coconut Oil is and coconut milk are loaded with a source of fuel for your cells and inhibits the growth of viruses and yeast. What I use and recommend to clients.
- Magnesium liquid. Over 80% of the population is deficient in magnesium. Chances are you are too if you have digestive issues. This is my absolute favorite mineral because it is a total game changer. What I use and recommend to clients.
- Trace Minerals. Again minerals are the driving force to all of our metabolic functions, filling in deficiencies helps optimize whole body health. What I use and recommend to clients.
- Spirulina. Spirulina has strong anti-microbial effects that help create balance in the gut flora. It does this by controlling the growth of pathogenic bacteria and yeast. What I use and recommend to clients.
Below is an eye opening video from Dr. Doris Rapp, a pioneer is allergy testing, from the Phil Donahue show.
If you have seasonal or food allergies/sensitivities, feel free to contact me to schedule your initial assessment.
Do you have allergies? Have you had blood tests done and they come back normal? What have you used for correcting your allergies that has worked?