These real food simple holiday bark bars make the perfect healthy, yet delicious treat for your special dog. These also make an elegant gift to give to your favorite canine friends! People and pets can enjoy this nutrient packed real food treat during the holidays or anytime throughout the year.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup nut or peanut butter
- 1/3 cup almonds or other nuts
- In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt coconut oil and nut/peanut butter, stirring often
- Pour mixture into a parchment paper lined 8 x 8 inch baking dish
- Using a spatula, spread the mixture evenly back and forth to around ½ inch thickness
- Put nuts into ziplock bag and then “smash” with kitchen mallet or something similar
- Sprinkle the still melted mixture with the nuts evenly over the top
- Allow to sit in fridge until set, 1-2 hour
- Removed chilled and hardened bark, break into pieces with your hands and serve as treats to your four legged child or give as a gift!
- Store in fridge (or you can freeze it in a large ziplock bag)
- Keeps for a couple of weeks in the fridge